Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Full Weekend, A Good Tired and INSPIRATION!


It's been a crazy couple of weeks. First, I've been a little under the weather, not so much that it's kept me from work more than a few hours, but enough to be a lot annoying! This time of year, it's tough to avoid the dreaded 'sinus infection' (see what I mean about annoying?). Secondly, I've been trying to figure out what I'm doing on a couple of custom painting projects I've been asked to do.

So, needless to say, I've had plenty of 'down time' to do a little research online for inspiration for those projects. I have found some truly awesome bloggers who are not only talented and inspirational, but downright astounding in their insight into daily 'life' and whole life 'living'.

I started out looking for people who have the same interests as I do and got so engrossed in their journal-like writings, that it was as difficult to stop reading them, as a good book is to put down. I've read a few (blogs) over the past couple of weeks, from their birth through present day.

I've learned that my life isn't so different than any variety of women from all parts of the country. Incredibly, we have a lot in common. Our ups and downs run parallel in so many ways it's hard to imagine. Our coping skills, which, maybe were not so 'honed' in our younger years, we found had grown along with us and had expanded to encompass our sorrows and heartaches. Things we couldn't imagine having to deal with, suddenly came up front and center in our lives and we were forced to not only accept, but to deal with them, in a way that would allow us to function, learn and grow from them.

Women are incredible creatures. They nurture, teach and love unconditionally and without prejudice. They don't necessarily care if it's returned (although it's preferable). They bandage cuts and scrapes, mend broken hearts, find missing things, make incredible works of art and soothe the savage beasts that somehow make it into sleepless nights. They can make sound decisions on the fly and can deal with any 'fall-out' that might follow without flinching. They organize, keep, decorate, warm up, a 'house' until it becomes a 'home'. They can make you feel like you're the smartest, luckiest, funniest, most talented and most important friend in the world, even on your worst day.

I am so happy to have 'met' you all and found kinship in your lives. Inspiration is such a small word for what I've gained in reading your words. Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails