Thursday, September 3, 2009

Can it be? ALREADY? Autumn?

The temperature reveals that Autumn is on it's way into town. I'm not happy that summer is coming to an end, but I love everything about Autumn. The air smells cleaner, the leaves (where I live in the northeast) will be a spectacular riot of yellows, oranges and reds. It's difficult for me not to think about picking up a paint brush!

Halloween is on it's way, whether we like it or not!



Decorating is easy and fun this time of year...more organic and reflective of the vibrant colors we see in our landscape.


I painted this wooden bowl a couple of years ago.




These signs are for the shop.




This jar is one of the first things that I painted and sold.

Playing in piles of colorful leaves, pulling out some cozy sweaters and jackets, the La Fayette Apple Festival, the smell of wood burning in fireplaces, frost on the pumpkins...what are your favorite Autumn memories?

3 comments:

  1. the perfect fall day...
    putting on a sweater~~going for a hike in the woods~~eating a fall apple.
    sounds wonderful.

    have a great weekend~
    chasity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live for fall. I just love it. We don't get the real changing color of the leaves here in the Dallas area, but I can go to East Texas and see color out the wazoo! Yippee!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so ready for fall...I want to close the pool this weekend before the leaves get too bad. I have the window opened right now and I am so enjoying the coolness. I would love to see your bedroom, it sound right up my ally. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails