Monday, August 31, 2009

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N...

Here I am again, enjoying another 'stay-cation'! From last Thursday at 12:31pm until the day after Labor day, I am free to sleep late (which I won't), paint all day long, shop, finally finish the workroom re-do that I have been pecking at all summer, and watching a couple of movies that I have been looking forward to for ages. (I watched 'Freedom Writers' today, excellent story!)
When I left the office on Thursday, it was to come home, get my last load of 'stuff' packed up and delivered to my friend Wendy's for our garage sale that was to take place on Friday and Saturday. Lots of work, but worth it! First, I got rid of lots of stuff that was just taking up room in my house,. Secondly, I got to spend 2 entire days with my friend Wendy, which we almost never get to do these days. I really miss that!
The weather was going to be iffy for the weekend, so imagine our surprise when Friday turned out to be a beautiful day with no rain! To be honest, we hardly got to chat on Friday. It was steady all day and we sold a ton of stuff! It rained overnight and Saturday morning was foggy and a little bit chilly. After a while it kind of cleared up and the sun even peaked through the clouds in the afternoon!
A little after 3pm we heard that dreaded low grumbling. We looked at each other and said, 'thunder'? Needless to say, we hurried and got everything packed up (thankfully, there wasn't a whole lot) and sat down in the chairs just inside the shelter of the garage when the heavens let loose with a huge downpour! We sat there (Wendy brought us each out an adult refreshment) and chatted for almost another hour! I think it was about then that Wendy mentioned that she thought I would have been snapping a few pics throughout the sale for my blog. Hmmmm....I guess I forgot to do that...
All things considered, it was a successful sale and enjoyed each other's company while making a few extra dollars. Can't beat that with a stick, huh?

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, I am forever thinking a bit too late, I should have taken some pictures of that...glad you stayed dry and thanks for the sweet note that you left me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it all worked out just fine...especially the part about the "adult" beverage. Could go for one of those myself right about now!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails