Saturday, August 1, 2009

"Day-Trippin" to Cazenovia, NY

A couple of Sundays ago, my friend and fellow road-tripper, Pam and I went to the nearby town of Cazenovia to do a little shopping. It's just a short trip (a little over 15 miles) and has a couple of our favorite haunts. Among other things, Cazenovia College is situated in the center of town. Makes it easy for the students to get around, I'm sure.


Our day-trip took us the 'Old and Everlasting', a little shop that was having a great barn sale.


Driving into town we spotted this 'Buggy Driving Contest'. We didn't stay to watch, but it looked kind of fun!





We pulled into the village to stop at the 'Cazenovia Grill' for lunch only to find that they were closed for vacation (only in a small town, huh?).



So after stopping next door to the Art Gallery, we went to 'Dave's Diner'. Nice little diner/coffee shop that I'm certain the college students adore!




The town is packed full of old mansions and lake houses as it is perched on the shore of Cazenovia Lake. I thought you might enjoy a look at some of these old homes and the shopping district.




























5 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking me on vacation with you. It looks like a beautiful place to live and visit. Thanks for coming by and the sweet note that you left for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caz is a great place to hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've lived in Caz for 6 years. It is every bit as nice a place as it looks. Thanks for sharing your photos. If you ever get back, try the Irish Cream Cake at Caz Grill. Sorry you missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by all!

    Kate...I'll be back, I'm only a couple miles away...:-)
    Vicky...I'm happy to read your blog and glad that you decided to stop by!
    Judy...you bet it's a nice place to hang out!

    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting post, I enjoyed read this.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails