Sunday, July 11, 2010

Serenity Sunday...week 58

(Painting 'Wind From The Sea' Andrew Wyeth)

Summer Wind
 
 
The wind tossed and turned everything in its path.
Blowing lazily and without pattern,
it slowly wound itself around, enveloping me.
My eyes closed, I could feel it lapping, haphazardly at my body,
I felt the tingling of the hot summer air against my skin,
and with it came a sensual, almost erotic, thrill.

All my other senses were peaked, adding to the sensation,
lending me a sense of freedom that I never dreamed possible.

I was witness to the sweet aroma of the flowers,
the salty taste of sweat on my lips,
the sound of the wind whirling through the leaves,
and the clouds, swaying with the pulse of the wind.

It was a great feeling…to just be,
let the time wander, as I enjoyed the mysteries of nature.

I will remember that day forever.
It was…as if, the only thing that mattered,
was the very fact that I was savoring life, in all its beauty.
Tamara Egan
Copyright
July 28,2000
**We're off (Judy and me) to the Lavender Fest today at Lockwood Farm! Looks like we've FINALLY broken the heat wave...less humidity and lower temps today. Never thought I'd look forward to the mid 80's as 'cooler weather'! Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails