Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Granary Antique Shop...

This is it...my trip to the Granary Antique Shop in Skaneateles, NY.

I was greeted by Frank's duck and goose. Believe it or not, the goose thought it was her job to protect the duck, which she did with vigor!
This is a piture of the old barn that has since become the 'shop'.
Notice the huge stained glass windows. I'll have more on them later...


3 floors of treasures....


treasures...



More treasures...

even more treasures...

now....the windows from the inside...


look at the structure of the roof...

the barn is loaded with more stuff...


the structure that holds this barn up is amazing...

lots and lots of chairs, various styles...

I just can't get over the roof structure...

I was looking out one of the upper side doors and
took this picture of the side yard...really pretty flowers...

Around the back of the building, there is a small apartment.
I took this picture through a door in the back. A few years ago,
the apartment was open and for rent and I toured it.
It's small, but boy is it cute!


Look to the left of the picture above, and you'll see the pond. Isn't it great?




This....is what I scored! First, I got this awesome stool. There's a tag on the underside that says it's from the Syracuse University School of Environmental Science and Forestry. (SUNY ESF as we call it around here).
















I also picked up this tarnished, silver creamer,
ironstone soap dish and advertizing box.

















Close up of the creamer.
















and another of the box...it's from a paint company in Niagara Falls NY...













Here's the group.... I hope you enjoyed my trip to the shop. Honestly, it's only about 25 miles from here, but there's so much to see on the way, I thought it would be fun to take you along....





2 comments:

  1. what an awesome barn sale and an amazing barn!
    love your goodies...especially that stool. very cool.
    have a wonderful day.
    chasity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds! It's so fun to find some special things, isn't it? Love the stool, especially.
    :) Lidy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails