Saturday, June 27, 2009

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N !!!


Ok...let's talk about this. I'm 'on vacation' but staying home as, I'm sure many of you, are this year. I usually take some of my vacation time from work to stay at home. It gives me time to work around the house, enjoy time with my family and friends, take a little time to have some alone time to read and figure out what projects will occupy me for the summer (or fall etc.).

I have taken the week of July 4th for as long as I can remember. It seems that there is always something going on around here...a festival of some kind and let's face it, it's always a good time for estate sales. One of my favorite shops The Granary, will be open for the July 4th weekend. They are an 'occasional sale' kind of shop.
Although it's a vacation week for me from my full time job, I will put in some time at my friend's antique shop (The Colonial Housefitter) this week. (I do plan to go into the office for a short time on Tuesday morning, and will explain later. It's a surprise and someone might read this blog and spill the beans!) It happens to be right down the street from me in the village of Jamesville. I love working at Chris's shop! It's such a departure from my other job that it's refreshing. The customers are interesting and I love talking to them about their home renovations and redecorations. Some of these customers have become friends which is always a bonus.

(Photographer unknown)
So...anyway...I'm thinking that this week...I might begin to work on my home workspace. It's in need of a face-lift, in a big way! It's a small room in my house that I use for my computer, sewing and of course, it's where I paint! I don't need to paint, did that already. I used a linen white paint. Those of you who work with color (painting etc.) know that using a color (especially in a small room) in the space that you paint, is not a good thing. The wall color will skew the colors that you are trying to lay on the canvas. What you believe is a brooding sky, when the canvas leaves the studio, can look brighter or gloomy. If you are working with whites and you have a green wall, will never look quite white. So...the walls were painted linen white. It's warm, inviting and any artwork I put on the walls looks great!


I'll try to remember to take pics as I go...if that ends up being the plan for this week! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails